The firms’ leadership team supported a clients’ GDPR programme leading the Data Governance & Protection engagement across the business. The Data Risk Solutions team were responsible for:
- Managing Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) consultations and completion activities in support of new or changes to existing business processes.
- Agreeing changes to websites to help ensure Cookie Policies and Banners comply with ICO transparency requirements.
- Dealing with third party Data Protection Contract queries, leading the development of a process to help ensure that responses from the business are legally accurate and consistent.
- Rolling out the agreed Data Stewardship Model across Group Functions.
- Developing a Data Quality Framework to support the assessment of Personal data held in Operational systems.
- Supporting the improvement of programme deliverables to ensure they meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducting an internal review of the programme against the GDPR requirements as outlined by the ICO.
Data Risk Solutions were engaged as Data Governance & Assurance workstream leads at a large Financial Institution undergoing a complex Finance Transformation Programme.
The team are responsible for:
- Managing weekly data governance meetings with senior internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Helping to support regulatory reporting on how the Programme has managed business and customer impact from data migrations.
- Leading data quality analysis work.
- Ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect Customer Personal and Sensitive data.
The firms’ leadership team supported a regulatory review at a global insurer firm to provide an assessment, to the PRA, on the firm’s:
- IT environment (data flows, risks, controls).
- Data quality assessments (process, completeness, validity, etc.). The work will include assessing the operational data validations for information used within the Solvency II Internal Model and an independent data quality assessment.
- Data Governance – Board and Executive levels.
Operational Data support on an Interest Rate Derivatives (IRD) Remediation programme for a leading Financial Institution, a complex and very highly visible engagement. As Operational Data Lead, responsibility included:
- Agreeing the mechanism on how an appropriate audit trail for changes to original Operational Data could be evidenced; whilst helping to ensure that customers were being treated fairly throughout the review.
- Ability to track the progress of each customer along the Remediation (re-dress) process which was of huge importance to the programme leadership as they needed to provide regular updates to the regulator on the status of the Redress exercise.